The Scripture says in Ephesians 4:15 that we should grow in all things. In today's and tomorrow's devotionals, I want to give you ten areas in which the Bible teaches us we should grow. I hope you will take time to read each passage and answer the question of whether you are growing as you should in each of these areas.
1. In Colossians 1:10 we are told we should increase in the knowledge of God. You ought to know more about God and His Kingdom this week than you did last week.
2. Psalms 71:21 tells us we are to be growing in our influence. I hope I have not reached the pinnacle in my life when it comes to the influence I have for good in the lives of others. If you call yourself a leader and no one is following you, then you are not influencing them, you are just taking a walk. You and I need to grow in influence.
3. In Proverbs 13:11 it says we are to be growing and increasing materially. I don't know of many who couldn't grow in this area!
4. Isaiah 29:19 speaks of increasing in joy. From appearances, some people seem to grow more and more sour as the days go by and have less and less of a sense of humor. Listen, the more you advance in age, the more your capacity to laugh at life's ups and downs should grow.
5. 2 Thessalonians 1:3 teaches us that we should grow in faith. Now faith certainly touches all areas of life; and, hopefully, today you don't freak out like you used to when you are faced with a trial, because your faith has grown and you have tasted and seen that the Lord is good.
In tomorrow's devotion we will complete this list.
Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to connect with God.
Experience God’s power in your everyday life.
Whatever sort of strength you need—be it physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual—God’s strength is available to help you.
If you want to learn how to take hold of this strength and to experience God’s power in your everyday life, you’ll love Bayless Conley’s new study kit called Taking Hold of God’s Strength.
Bayless will guide you through four steps that are crucial to understanding God’s strength for you—and how to fight your weakness with God on your side. You’ll be encouraged by his insightful message on CD, plus the companion study guide to help you dig deeper into God’s Word and hold fast to Him as your refuge and strength.