10 WAYS TO BE EFFECTIVE IN PRAYER
The start of a new year is always an opportunity. It is a fresh beginning, a new chapter, another chance to get it right. Why would anyone not take advantage of such a moment? It is good to make resolutions or goals for the new year. Identify areas in your life where you need to make changes. Make goals that will bring your dreams into reality.
And make sure you pray about all of it. Start the new year off with a special time of prayer. At my church we are having 21 Days of Prayer & Fasting (next week we will focus on the fasting part). Commit this first part of the year to praying and dedicating this year to God"s purposes for your life.
Here are ten ways to make sure your prayers are as powerful and effective as possible.
1. Make prayer God-centered rather than problem-centered.
2. See prayer as a privilege more than a duty.
3. Let your prayer be with the Spirit’s help instead of your skill.
4. Embrace the authority of Christ rather than the lies of the enemy.
5. Pray like a victor not a victim.
6. Focus on Christ more than technique.
7. Pray based on God’s Word rather than your will.
8. Approach prayer as an encounter more than a request.
9. Come to prayer through Christ’s work not your merits.
10. Pray regularly rather than occasionally.
About Rick McDaniel
Rick McDaniel is a noted author, international communicator and church leader. He is the founder/senior pastor of Richmond Community Church in Richmond, Virginia. The church is known for its contemporary and innovative services and has a worldwide reach through www.highimpactchurch.tv. McDaniel has earned three degrees including an advanced degree from Duke University and is the author of six books including his latest "Turn Your Setbacks Into Comebacks." He has traveled and spoken at conferences and churches worldwide spanning six continents.
Listen to Pastor Rick's High Impact Living broadcast on Oneplace.com.
Watch Pastor Rick's High Impact Living broadcast on Lightsource.com.
Discovering your personal style can help you understand why you do certain things, why you react in particular ways and why others act the way they do. These styles involve the most important aspects of our lives including relationships, family, faith, finances, work and more. Learning about your styles and the styles of others can increase happiness, generate success and reduce conflict in your life. .