February 28, 2022 – Why Did You Get Married?
Sermon: 1569 – Tuning Up Tired Marriages
Pray Over This
“For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”
It is not your love that sustains your marriage, it is your marriage that sustains your love. Marriage is a commitment. The Bible says you are to be joined. A “no-fault” divorce is an impossibility. What happens many times is that 10 percent of a marriage is in trouble and the other 90 percent goes down the drain because of a lack of commitment.
Somebody says, “I owe it to myself to be happy.” What do you mean you owe it to yourself to be happy? When you were at the marriage altar, you made a vow. You owe it to God to keep your vow. You owe it to your spouse, and you owe it to your children. The one-flesh union of marriage must go beyond our personal preferences.
Consider an area in which you need to lay down your rights and preferences this week. Take steps to sacrifice to serve someone else.
For more from Love Worth Finding and Pastor Adrian Rogers, please visit www.lwf.org.
You can also listen to Adrian Rogers at OnePlace.com.
The times are growing dark, but they are gloriously dark because the light of Christ shines brighter in the darkest of times. Standing For Light & Truth is written to challenge Christians to stand for God's light and His truth. In this book, you will learn the causes of America's moral darkness and the destiny of those who turn away from the light. Pastor Adrian Rogers offers insights and guidance to help us know how to live with godly integrity and to shine His light in a world growing dim. "Praise God! It is growing gloriously dark. Before long our Morning Star will appear. Jesus Christ is on His way." -Adrian Rogers