Three Relationships that Make Us Rich
Then one from the crowd said to Him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me." But He said to him, "Man, who made Me a judge or an arbitrator over you?" And He said to them, "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses" (Luke 12:13-15).
This man came to Jesus to get him to "sort his brother out" over the inheritance, not realizing that his brother was the real treasure in his life - not the things he might inherit.
Here are three relationships that make us rich:
1. Our relationship with God. To know God makes you rich, no matter what material resources you may or may not have.
Some of those that the world would call rich are actually bankrupt when it comes to the most important treasure of all.
2. Our relationship with others. People, not things, are the real treasures in life. I can honestly say that I am a rich man. I have family and friends that I love and that love me. Things lose their meaning, and serve as a very poor substitute for relationships with people.
3. Our relationship with our own heart. Commune with your own heart… declares the psalmist in Psalm 4:4 (KJV).
That means hold some serious communication with your heart—get acquainted with your heart. Don't let you and your own heart be strangers!
Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to connect with God.
Know God in a deeper way!
The Holy Spirit’s presence brings hope, joy, and comfort; and He longs to walk in deep fellowship with you every day.
We want to help you experience a more intimate friendship with God, by sending you the Knowing the Holy Spirit package.
It includes Bayless Conley’s The Infilling of the Holy Spirit booklet and his powerful 5-message series called Becoming Acquainted with the Holy Spirit.
1. The Presence, Power, and Person of the Holy Spirit DVD
2. Expecting the Holy Spirit’s Help DVD
3. Evidence of a Spirit-Filled Life CD
4. Speaking in Tongues CD
5. The Holy Spirit’s Work in Our Hearts CD
Bayless Conley unpacks the benefits and evidences of being filled with the Spirit of God.
Find out what it means to live a Spirit-filled life!