Your New Nature
As human beings, we are constantly confronted with opportunities to fear. People have fears concerning their health, their finances, terrorism, relationships, their jobs…the list is almost endless.
I want to challenge you with a thought today, and it is simply this: Realize who you are. If you are born again, you are a new creature in Christ Jesus, and it is not in your nature to be afraid.
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Which points to our problem with fear. We listen to our heads, and we listen to our flesh, rather than listening to our spirit. As a result, our lives can be overwhelmed with fear.
I want to challenge you today to listen to your spirit instead of your head. The real you on the inside is made after the image of God. Once you realize who you are and what you are made of, it will help deliver you from fear. Consider these verses that talk about the real you:
· Ephesians 4:24, And that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
· 2 Corinthians 5:17, Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
When you understand your true nature, that you are made after the image of God, you will know freedom from fear.
Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to connect with God.
Know God in a deeper way!
The Holy Spirit’s presence brings hope, joy, and comfort; and He longs to walk in deep fellowship with you every day.
We want to help you experience a more intimate friendship with God, by sending you the Knowing the Holy Spirit package.
It includes Bayless Conley’s The Infilling of the Holy Spirit booklet and his powerful 5-message series called Becoming Acquainted with the Holy Spirit.
1. The Presence, Power, and Person of the Holy Spirit DVD
2. Expecting the Holy Spirit’s Help DVD
3. Evidence of a Spirit-Filled Life CD
4. Speaking in Tongues CD
5. The Holy Spirit’s Work in Our Hearts CD
Bayless Conley unpacks the benefits and evidences of being filled with the Spirit of God.
Find out what it means to live a Spirit-filled life!