Moses writes in poetic form a summary of everything he has taught the Israelites.
Man is more than a machine. Man is more than a combination of blood vessels and bones. There is something within man that transcends the physical. It is the image of God. When the major issues of life lie before us, the image of God within us demands that we sing a song or paint a picture or write a poem or perform a dance.
At the end of his life-as Moses is struggling to summarize all that he needs to say to his people-he bursts out in song. Surely the thumbprint of God is seen in his crowning achievement.
· A mark of the image of God within is revealed as you offer Him your praise:
Give to the Lord, O families of the peoples,
Give to the Lord glory and strength.
Give to the Lord the glory due His name;
Bring an offering, and come before Him;
Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! (1 Chronicles 16:28-29).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life in fellowship with Him:
"Now, therefore," says the Lord,
"Turn to me with all your heart,
With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning."
So rend your heart, and not your garments;
Return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger, and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm (Joel 2:12-13).
· As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word:
Having been justified by faith, I have peace with You through my Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also I have access by faith into this grace in which I stand; and I rejoice in hope of the glory of You (based on Romans 5:1-2).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater faithfulness in sharing Christ with others,
· your state and local leaders,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
O, satisfy us early with Your mercy,
That we may rejoice and be glad all our days! (Psalms 90:14).
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.