Jacob dreams of angels and heaven.
Jacob's dream -- in which he sees the angels ascending and descending the ladder to heaven -- seems to be a turning point in his life. It appears to be the point at which he receives a personal relationship with the Lord. Jacob's life after this encounter was not flawless. But God was able to use him in a central role to fulfill ancient promises.
So, too, we must have a personal relationship with God through Jesus, His Son, and our Savior, before we can experience the work of God in us and through us. Do you know Jesus personally? If not, why not receive Him as your Savior and Lord now?
· Offer praise to your Savior in the words of this psalm:
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations (Psalms 100:4-5
· Now pray this confession to the Lord:
Unto You I lift up my eyes,
O You who dwell in the heavens.
Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters,
As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,
So my eyes look to You, the Lord my God,
Until You have mercy on me
(based on Psalms 123:1-2
· As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word:
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich (2 Corinthians 8:9
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater love for your family,
· the work of missions in North and South America,
· today's activities.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Now may the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace in believing, that we may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit
(based on Romans 15:13