Jesus is led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit and tempted by Satan.
When Satan tempts Jesus, he offers Him things which God has already promised to give to Jesus. The things are not wrong in and of themselves, but they are not in God's time or in God's way. Each time Jesus rebuffs Satan, He does so with Scripture. Each time Satan offers Jesus something, Jesus' reply is, "No, because it is written . . ." To be victorious, we must know Scripture well enough to use it in our spiritual warfare, to see through the tricks of Satan.
· The repentant heart is one that can offer praise to the Lord:
Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.
Before the mountains were brought forth,
Or ever You had formed the earth and the world,
Even from everlasting to everlasting,
You are God
O Lord, how manifold are Your works!
In wisdom You have made them all.
The earth is full of Your possessions. . . .
May the glory of the Lord endure forever;
May the Lord rejoice in His works
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. As you seek to keep your life free from sin, pray this confession to the Lord:
I have sinned greatly in what I have done; but now, I pray, O Lord, take away the iniquity of Your servant, for I have done very foolishly (2 Samuel 24:10).
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
By grace I have been saved through faith, and that not of myself; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest I should boast. For I am His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that I should walk in them (based on Ephesians 2:8-10).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater wisdom for living as God would want you to,
· the needs of your immediate family,
· your activities for the day,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Bless the Lord, all you His hosts,
You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
Bless the Lord, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul!
Receive teachings, global updates, and free resources with Walk Thru the Bible's free Living God's Word.
Read our current Newsletter and Subscribe today.