Don’t Worry, Trust God!
By Rick Warren
“And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19 (NLT)
You can be a hero one day and a zero the next day, a millionaire one day and bankrupt the next. No matter how much you make, no matter how much you save, finances are uncertain.
So you worry. But what does the Bible say about worrying over money?
1. It’s unreasonable. Matthew 6:25 says, “Do not to worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? (NIV). You’re going to have fears in life, but you don’t need to fear a lack of finances. Even bankruptcy does not have to defeat you. Life is more than just the accumulation of things. Be concerned about what’s truly important.
2. It’s unnatural. Jesus reminded people that there’s no need for God’s creation to worry: “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” (Matthew 6:26 NIV)
3. It’s unnecessary (Matthew 6:30). Financial fears come from a misunderstanding about God and what he’s promised to do for you. He’s assumed responsibility for your needs. Jesus said, “See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin . . . If that is how God clothes the grass of the field . . . will he not much more clothe you?” (Matthew 6:28-30 NIV). God is your Father; you are his child; he’s going to care for your needs.
When you worry, you’re trying to play God. You’re assuming responsibility for something that God has said he will take care of. Paul says in Philippians 4:19, “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus” (NLT).
God knows what’s going on in your life—and in your wallet. He knows all your needs even before you ask. And you can trust him to take care of you.
PLAY today’s audio teaching from Pastor Rick
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit pastorrick.com!
Some say the key to the good life is health, others say material wealth—but what does God say?
Find out in Pastor Rick’s dynamic Bible study, The Keys to a Blessed Life. This 6-session video plus workbook study reveals the secret to the abundant life God promises by exploring Jesus’ most well-known sermon, the Sermon on the Mount.
Dive deep into the Beatitudes with Pastor Rick to discover the hopeful and purpose-filled life God has planned for you through messages like . . .
• How God Blesses Broken Hearts
• Your Ministry of Mercy
• How to Reconcile a Relationship
• Handling Opposition to Your Faith
• And more!
The Keys to a Blessed Life is our thanks for your gift below to take the Word of God to a world in need, so ask for your copy when you give today. Thank you!
*The USA IRS code permits you to deduct the amount of your financial gift to Daily Hope that exceeds the fair market value of materials you received from Daily Hope.
This devotional © 2018 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
You can listen to Rick Warren on OnePlace.com.
Getting God's Word into your heart is essential if you want to live a life of integrity and experience God's blessings. Dive into his word with The Keys to a Blessed Life Scripture Cards. You'll discover his blessings as you: Claim God's promises for your life, Walk with integrity in your relationships, and Deepen your relationship with Jesus. This set of 52 artfully designed cards can be used to help you memorize Scripture. You can read each Scripture and then use the space on the back to make notes or write out the verse. You can also use them to minister to others. Give one to a friend and write a personalized note of encouragement on the back. If a Scripture really speaks to you, frame it! Put them in places where you can read them during the day for encouragement.